Monday, February 22, 2021

Calista - my new novel

I am pleased to announce the publication of my Victorian gothic novel, CALISTA, to be released on 25 May 2021. This book combines two long-held obsessions of mine.  Alas, I am sworn to secrecy and it is unfortunate that I cannot share anything of the plot beyond this. 

Despite my lifelong fixation on certain themes, I had not planned on writing this book at all. The idea took shape after a trip to Greece last year, after which I had little choice but to set aside other projects and craft this story. 

Calista is a horror mystery set in both England and Greece. The plot, spanning the years 1835 to 1848 mostly takes place in Alexandra Hall, an isolated mansion in Berkshire. French Inspector, Maurice Leroux, must solve a series of curious deaths not knowing that what he will find will change him forever. 

I can't wait to share this story with you! 

I want to take this opportunity to extend my heartful thanks to graphic designer, Ross Robinson, for Calista's gorgeous book cover.  Ross is based in Queensland, Australia but has worked in Sydney and the UK in the past. His work is exceptional. I've worked with Ross in the past when creating the cover for my novel, Julien's Terror.  Each time, he really understood what I wanted and went above and beyond.  



This book cover for Calista combines all the elements I had in mind and executes it in such a beautiful way.  I long to hold this book in my hands. 



No comments:

Post a Comment